Please visit this page for regular updates on Rockdale’s plans whilst dealing with this unprecedented situation, due to the coronavirus.
Scroll down for Rockdale updates.
Staff are coping well at the Care Home, we are extremely proud of them and residents are being very well looked after. We have no cases of the coronavirus.
Do contact the home if you need details for using Skype, WhatsApp or Messenger as another alternative for keeping in touch with loved ones.
We are limiting the home help service. The pantry remains open with a reduced level of options.
Due to Government restrictions, we are working with a skeleton staff team who will only be responding to emergencies. These staff are supported by back-office staff, who may be taking over the daily & welfare calls.
Rockdale House Residential Care Home is now closed completely. Residents will not be able to leave and visitors will be turned away.
The following information is to support our residents to stay safe and healthy.
There are no confirmed cases of the coronavirus at Rockdale.
On Monday, everyone over 70 in the UK was asked to stay at home in order to protect themselves from the risk of contracting coronavirus.
In our independent living flats, we are currently in the “self-isolation” phase, whereby it is recommended that older people and those with underlying health conditions stay indoors and avoid contact with others as much as possible.
We have a significant number of residents with underlying health problems and so we must all do our best to keep both residents and staff well.
- Activities and Events – as of Thursday, 18 March we will not be holding and activities, events or other group meetings in either of the common rooms or the small sitting room for the foreseeable future.
- The Pantry – please see above.
- Home Help Service for residents – is limited. We will not be able to take on any new customers. An essential, basic service will be offered. Staff will not be entering properties.
- Reception at Rockdale Lodge will be closed to visitors with immediate effect and we are not able to take bookings for the two guest rooms.
- Maintenance will only come into residents’ homes for repairs which we consider to be an emergency. Other repairs will be prioritised and carried out as soon as possible as staff may be needed to carry out other tasks to maintain a good standard of hygiene.
- Visitors – please do not invite non-essential visitors on-site, especially anyone who has travelled abroad in the past two weeks or has any symptoms associated with coronavirus. Carers and health professionals should continue to provide you with care and, where possible, family members can help residents with shopping. We are happy to liaise with them to arrange delivery to you to limit exposure.
- Rockdale support team – will not be visiting residents in their home other than in an emergency. We will continue to contact residents over the Tunstall system either daily or every three days, whichever is preferred, and are happy to contact residents by telephone if you need any help, advice or other support. We are also happy to have a chat with residents if you are feeling lonely or isolated. We are proposing to produce a weekly light-hearted newsletter for circulation during this time and would welcome any contributions from residents.
- Shopping – we ask that any resident who chooses to go into self-isolation (ie not leaving their home unless for medical appointments, or else having a walk alone around the Rockdale site for some exercise) please let the support team know. If you do not have family or other local support we will prioritise the help we can give you by getting prescriptions, over the counter medications and a few basic items of essential shopping. We understand that residents may have difficulties in accessing cash and so we will be processing all purchases with our credit card and residents will be invoiced for payment periodically by our Finance Department. Please contact one of the support team for advice on other options regarding payment.
- Residents’ health – If you are feeling unwell, particularly if you have a fever and/or a new and persistent cough or more importantly you are diagnosed with coronavirus, please let the duty support co-ordinator know straight away. If you have been in close contact with someone diagnosed with this virus please self isolate immediately and advise us.
Your health and that of our staff are of the utmost importance to us and we hope that with sensible precautions we can limit the spread of this virus. Please be mindful of others who may not have good immune systems by maintaining frequent and thorough hand washing and avoiding close contact with others.
We will be updating our website with any information as it changes so that your relatives can keep in touch with our current situation.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Helpful links to national up to date information:
- The UK coronavirus (COVID-19) page will keep you in touch with how the Government is responding.
- The NHS coronavirus (COVID-19) page includes a wide range of health-related information.
- If you are planning to travel abroad check the Foreign and Commonwealth Office travel advice page.